VISUAL MERCHANDISING DESIGNER
Superette is a cannabis retail brand that entered the Canadian adult-use market in April 2019. We make buying cannabis as enjoyable as consuming it. Our team creates retail experiences that are thoughtful, delightful, and familiar.
Everyone on our Retail and Sales Team has a common goal: to maximize sales by creating best in class experiences. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building relationships with our customers and contribute to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity.
The Visual Merchandising Designer is an important role within our Retail team. As the VMD you tell the Superette brand story across all retail stores and our eCommerce platform. You have a strong understanding of what it takes to create a beautiful brand experience for our customers while also leveraging your business acumen and the power of visual merchandising to support product sell-through. The VMD will work closely with the Product and Creative teams to ensure the Superette brand shows up powerfully and consistently across multiple channels. The VMD owns all elements of visual merchandising across the business and creatively demonstrates how visual merchandising is an extension of the Superette brand by bringing it to life.
As Visual Merchandising Designer you will be directly responsible for:
- Developing visual merchandising standards that can be upheld across all retail units
- Consistently coaching the retail teams on the visual merchandising experience in store
- Creating displays to support seasonal events and special occasions
- Working closely with the Creative and Product teams to ensure the Superette brand story is clear and consistent across the business
- Upholding brand guidelines throughout the retail stores, events, eCommerce and any place the Superette brand shows up for customers
- Developing visual merchandising directives that lead to product sell-through
- Working closely with store leadership teams to support visual merchandising training and sustainable ways of ensuring visual merchandising standards are maintained
- Developing the visual merchandising plan for new store openings while maintaining timelines and brand guidelines
- Influencing store layout and design elements to support existing and new store plan-o-grams in partnership with Creative & Product teams
- Working closely with Marketing to support the design of event displays that are interactive and demonstrative of the brand
- Supporting product allocation with proper assessment of inventory levels and a strong understanding of what merchandise supports sales and the customer experience
- Identifying and communicating business needs and opportunities
As Visual Merchandising Designer you are:
- A strong and passionate creative leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Outgoing and committed to excellence across all areas of the business
- Able to communicate needs of the business and make powerful requests for yourself, the retail team and the business
- Committed to service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
- Solution-oriented and constantly seeking out methods to grow and improve the visual merchandising across stores
- Innovative and excited to create, with an eye for detail and a keen sense of style
- Agile, open and curious
- Able to effectively offer feedback and receive it too!
- Experienced in New Store Openings and creating floor plans for product placement
- Competent in executing visual displays and working cross-functionally to optimize the customer journey
- Confident with digital art direction in order to support sell-through of product across eCommerce and digital platforms
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
- Driven to grow your career in the cannabis retail industry
- Minimum 3 years as a leader in a Visual Merchandising position with a growing brand or retailer
- Previous experience required in executing new store openings
- Experience required in building out plan-o-grams, window displays, event displays and working within eCommerce
- Retail management experience considered an asset
- Previous experience within clothing and hard goods considered an asset
Reporting Directly To:
Regular visits to all retail stores will be required.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, we ask all candidates to please include a photo(s) of their previous work (photos can be of installations, displays and/or plan-o-gram execution), as well as a brief description explaining why you believe this example could benefit the Superette retail experience and brand aesthetic.
Superette is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace where all team members have the opportunity to succeed. We believe this begins with recruitment.
To better represent the communities we serve, Superette encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, ages and abilities. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
If your experience is contrary to this statement, please share your feedback and experience at email@example.com.