Store Manager - Ottawa
Superette is a cannabis retail concept created for the Canadian adult-use market. We launched Superette in the Ottawa market in April 2019 and are excited to be part of a fast paced and growing industry.
As part of Superette, you will be a part of an exciting and growing brand within a new industry in the Canadian retail market.
At Superette we work to create a better retail experience within cannabis retail. We’re familiar without feeling boring. We’re current without feeling trendy. We’re inviting without feeling try hard, and we’re convenient without feeling run-down. Our teams are also savvy as we encourage innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We love what we do and we are committed to excellence across our customer experience, employee experience, the products we offer and the relationships we build.
Everyone on our Retail Team works together towards a common: to maximize sales by creating best in class experiences that focus on education first service. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building relationships with our customers and contribute to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity.
Our Store Managers are savvy, agile and inspiring. Each Store Manager leads a team of passionate and dedicated Budtenders and Inventory Specialists who all work together to cultivate the best customer experience in the cannabis retail environment.
As a Store Manager, you’ll set the pace and the tone to support your team to produce outstanding business results while having fun doing it! You will ensure strong sales performance while fostering and nurturing your team across a variety of roles and departments within the store, including Front of House, Operations and Inventory Management. You will work closely with our Retail Leadership and Operations teams to support the growth of the business and the growth of your team with the goal of growing yourself as well!
A Superette Store Manager is a natural leader who has the ability to be proactive, entrepreneurial and builds strong and committed teams.
As a Superette Store Manager, you will be directly responsible for:
- Recruitment of top talent to build the brand and profitability
- Oversee all retail operations for a single location
- Development of talent pipeline for further growth
- Execute, coach and lead the customer experience for top-performing sales
- Work closely with your management team to produce business results across the board
- Reaching company goals and maintain KPIs including healthy comp growth as established with key business partners
- Contributing to a grassroots community marketing strategy and partnering with our community marketing team to support the growth of the market
- Maintaining a clean, ‘on-brand’ and well merchandised store to support the customer journey
- All regulatory requirements and reporting with the AGCO
- Performance management of team and build opportunities for mentorship and development
- Supporting product allocation with proper assessment of inventory levels and a strong understanding of what merchandise supports sales and the customer experience
- Managing labor, operating hours and standard operating procedures in alignment with Superette’s cultural values
- Consistently incredible customer experience that is friendly, informative and efficient
- Identifying and communicating business needs and opportunities
As a Superette Store Manager, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Outgoing and committed to excellence across all areas of the business
- Ability to communicate needs of the business and make powerful requests for yourself, the team and the business
- All about service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
- Identify top talent and build a strong team
- Innovative and excited to create
- Agile, open and curious
- Ease with offering feedback and receiving it too!
- Experienced in training and on-boarding talent
- Experienced in performance management, people development and executing on disciplinary action as required
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
- Driven to grow your career in the cannabis retail industry
- Receipt of all applicable licenses from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (the “AGCO”)
- Compliance with the rules and regulations of the AGCO, including but not limited to the rules and regulations of the AGCO pertaining to the role of Store Manager
- Completion of training certification through CannSell Ontario and receipt of the certificate of completion, pursuant to the Cannabis License Act and Ontario Regulation 468/18
- Police background check will be required as per AGCO regulations
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older
Location: Seeking candidates in Ottawa
Experience: minimum of two years experience as manager of high volume and a large team considered an asset
*Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the Subject Line of the email please highlight the position that you are applying for.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete background and reference checks.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements.
Superette believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.