Superette is an emerging retailer, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, focusing on creating a customer-first experience for the cannabis consumer. Superette creates an experience that is: familiar (without feeling boring), current (without feeling trendy), curated (without feeling high brow), inviting (without feeling try hard), and convenient (without feeling run-down). We are driven to create organic connections in store and encourage customer-led discovery. We aim to redefine the way people think about and purchase cannabis.
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Being a leader in driving the business forward to achieve sales metrics in addition to other key performance indicators
- Creating an exceptional standard of service and education at all times
- Successfully recruiting, hiring and training for all store positions
- Leading and inspiring a team of talented individuals to drive the business forward
- Managing and executing performance evaluations of full team
- Developing a talent pipeline for further growth
- Contributing to grassroots community marketing strategies and partnering with our marketing team to support the growth of the market
- Upholding all aspects of inventory compliance and product maintenance
- Managing store labour and scheduling effectively to maximize both the experience and profitability of the store
- Executing and leading the customer experience seamlessly every day you are in store
- Complying with government standards for inventory excellence and service requirements
- Communicating effectively with your team and company leadership to offer feedback, ideation and cross-functional partnership
- Establishing operational excellence for all aspects of the store business and escalating operational and technological matters as needed
- Maintaining a well-merchandised and clean store in line with company standards in order to maximize the customer experience
- Documenting and escalating any security and loss prevention issues
- Ensuring all government standards are met for inventory excellence and service requirements
- Under direction of your leader, performing any other additional duties, responsibilities or assignments as requested
As Store Manager, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Easily able to communicate needs of the business and make powerful requests for yourself, your team and the business
- Passionate about the Cannabis industry and education of Cannabis and related products
- Effective at managing your time and energy in order to best support your team and the business
- All about service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
- Agile, open and curious
- Excited about offering feedback and receiving it too!
- Experienced in cultivating a strong team and creating a talent pipeline
- Motivated to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment and industry
Store Manager Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a management position
- Experience in leading a large team of talented people
- Flexible availability to support the needs of the business
- Experience in building a community of customers in a new market
- Previous knowledge of the Cannabis industry considered an asset
- Previous success in delivering exceptional customer experience
- Applicants must be 19 years of age or older
This is a full-time position based out of Ottawa, Ontario.
Please highlight the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your application email.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete background and reference checks. We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements. Superette welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.