Superette is a cannabis retail concept created for the Canadian adult-use market. We launched Superette in the Ottawa market in April 2019 and are excited to be part of a fast paced and growing industry.
As part of Superette, you will be a part of an exciting and growing brand within a new industry in the Canadian retail market.
At Superette we work to create a better retail experience within cannabis retail. We’re familiar without feeling boring. We’re current without feeling trendy. We’re inviting without feeling try hard, and we’re convenient without feeling run-down. Our teams are also savvy as we encourage innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We love what we do and we are committed to excellence across our customer experience, employee experience, the products we offer and the relationships we build.
Everyone on our Marketing Team has a common goal: to create recognition for Superette and build brand presence across North America. Essentially, our Marketing Team creates best in class experiences and brand connections with the right people at the right time in order to support our brand growth. By being savvy, knowledgeable and strategic, our Marketing Team is committed to building relationships across all channels and contributing to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity and is supported by incredible customer service.
The Director of Marketing is a senior leadership position within our Marketing Team who owns all marketing initiatives. This role is responsible for developing and executing on a brand marketing strategy that encompasses all channels that interact with our customers. This leader is consistently connected to the Retail Team to support the connection with customers and ensure the vision of the brand comes to life through experiences. Additionally, you will work directly with our Creative team to develop content and collateral that propels the brand forward and supports the retail environment in addition to our digital channels.
As the Director of Marketing you are a strong leader who is agile, inspiring and you understand what it means to take ownership over results. You are also a developer of people and are always on the cutting edge of trends, technology and innovation of experience.
As Director of Marketing, you will be directly responsible for:
- Brand strategy in partnership with our Creative team
- Marketing integration across all channels
- Ensure all marketing initiatives and campaigns span across Retail, Social, Digital, Product and ultimately support a best in class experience for our customers
- Identifying trends and bringing forward new ideas for innovation
- Contributing to a grassroots community marketing strategy and partnering with our retail team to support the growth of specific markets
- Working closely with Retail to lead, support and build CSR strategies and events
- Working closely with Creative to ensure alignment across the “what” the “why” and the “how”
- Department management and leading & inspiring a team to deliver outstanding results
- Building and maintaining strong professional relationships across departments in addition to those out in the field
- Identifying and communicating business needs and opportunities
- Ownership of department budget
As Director of Marketing, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Outgoing and committed to excellence across all areas of the business
- Able to communicate needs of the business and make powerful requests for yourself, the marketing team and the business
- Incredibly organized and ability to maximize your time
- Able to prioritize needs of the business with ease
- Passionate about the Superette brand and the cannabis industry
- Able to easily identify and communicate opportunities across all channels
- A problem solver and solution oriented
- All about service and ensuring needs of our customers are met across multiple channels
- Innovative, an ‘out-of-the-box’ thinker and excited to create while remaining a strategic thinker
- Agile, open and curious
- Able to offer and receive feedback with ease
- Experienced in people development and identifying top talent
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
- Driven to grow your career in the cannabis industry
Reporting Directly To: President, Creative & Brand
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience leading a multi-channel marketing team
- Previous experience across various marketing channels including Digital, Social and PR
- Previous experience in marketing with a multi-unit retail business considered an asset
Travel: Based in Toronto
*Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and in the Subject Line of the email please highlight the position that you are applying for.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide references upon request.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements.
Superette believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.