Manager Retail Operations
Superette is a cannabis retail concept created for the Canadian adult-use market. We launched Superette in the Ottawa market in April 2019 and are excited to be part of a fast paced and growing industry.
As part of Superette, you will be a part of an exciting and growing brand within a new industry in the Canadian retail market.
At Superette we work to create a better retail experience within cannabis retail. We’re familiar without feeling boring. We’re current without feeling trendy. We’re inviting without feeling try hard, and we’re convenient without feeling run-down. Our teams are also savvy as we encourage innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We love what we do and we are committed to excellence across our customer experience, employee experience, the products we offer and the relationships we build.
Everyone on our Retail Team has a common goal: to maximize sales by creating best in class experiences that focus on education first service. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building relationships with our customers and contribute to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity.
The Manager of Retail Operations is a leadership position within our Retail Team that creates success by ensuring everything that touches the retail stores directly supports the teams in driving results. This role is focused on building and executing on operations focused programs in order to drive and support high performance across retail. The Manager of Retail Operations knows retail, technology and what it takes to create a best in class experience for our customers and store teams. This leader is consistently connected to the retail teams to support the overall vision of the brand come to life through ensuring every function in our stores has a “why” and serves a purpose. You are relentless when it comes to creating efficiency across stores and are a natural problem-solver leaving no stone unturned. You are committed to building a consistent Superette experience across all retail units through delivering operational excellence.
As the Manager of Retail Operations, you are a natural leader that is agile, inspiring and a strong communicator. You are also skilled at managing your time across multiple projects and seek to create solutions with cross-functional partnership.
As Manager of Retail Operations, you will be directly responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities for efficiency across retail stores
- Managing New Store Opening timing and planning with cross-functional partners
- Managing projects from end to end to ensure excellence from ideation to implementation
- Understanding all regulations as outlined by the AGCO, OCS & Health Canada
- Build relationships with third party vendors to support successful implementation of operations programs and technologies
- Consistently updating and managing Standard Operating Procedures to support scaling best practices
- Working with cross-functional partners to build out effective operations programs that best support the stores and team member job love
- Visiting all stores on a consistent basis to support Area Manager(s) & Store Managers to maximize their business results and ensure consistency across multiple units
- Working closely with Area Manager(s) to produce best-in-class operations across the board
- Cultivating operational excellence through program implementation and on-going management of these programs
- Working closely with retail and cross-functional partners to enhance technology, communication, security and planning
- Building and maintaining strong professional relationships across departments in addition to those out in the field
- Acting with urgency and efficiency when it comes to implementing solutions for the retail stores
- Identifying and communicating business needs and opportunities
As Manager of Retail Operations, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Outgoing and committed to excellence across all areas of the business
- Able to communicate needs of the business and make powerful requests for yourself, the retail team and the business
- Incredibly organized and ability to maximize your time with ease
- Able to prioritize needs of the business with ease and roll up your sleeves with the retail team to understand every nuance of the retail business
- Passionate about the Superette brand and the cannabis retail industry
- Able to easily identify opportunities for efficiency across stores
- A very strong communicator with feedback, ideation, coaching and celebrations
- Logical, organized and thoughtful; detail-oriented without losing the big picture
- All about service and ensuring needs of our customers are met across multiple channels
- Innovative and excited to create
- Agile, open and curious
- Able to offer and receive feedback with ease
- Experienced in people development and identifying top talent
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
- Driven to grow your career in the cannabis retail industry
Reporting Directly To: VP Retail & Sales
- Proven experience as a program and/or project manager considered an asset
- Minimum five years experience within an operations team with a growing retailer or in food & beverage considered an asset
- Previous experience in executing store/unit openings in retail or food & beverage
Travel: Based in Toronto, Regular visits to stores
*Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the Subject Line of the email please highlight the position that you are applying for.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to provide references.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements.
Superette believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.