MANAGER, CONTENT MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA
Superette is a cannabis retail brand that entered the Canadian adult-use market in April 2019. We make buying cannabis as enjoyable as consuming it. Our team creates retail experiences that are thoughtful, delightful, and familiar.
The Marketing team brings the personality of Superette to life. As the bridge between creative and retail, we connect and create thoughtful touchpoints in-store, online, and wherever else our customers interact with our brand.
The Content Marketing and Social Media Manager will fulfill content needs on an ongoing and per-project basis. This is a part-time, contract position (through December 2020). Reporting to the Marketing Director, this role will work directly with peripheral teams to execute digital marketing and social strategy, write copy, ideate content concepts, report on research findings, analyze performance metrics and manage a range of content projects.
As a Content Marketing and Social Media Manager, you are responsible for:
- CONTENT MARKETING
- Conceptualizing, leading and executing a digital marketing strategy, content and campaigns
- Identifying opportunities to create cannabis and non-cannabis content
- Performing day-to-day email marketing activities including email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing and distribution campaigns
- Drafting and editing copy for multiple projects
- Copy-editing and fact-checking all copy before it’s presented or submitted
- Maintaining and updating content on the website and in email marketing
- Researching audience segments and behavioural data to create reports on viable content topics
- Promoting online and offline events and campaigns with digital activities
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- Overseeing all social media strategy, content and channels
- Developing tone of voice options that demonstrate range and opportunity across multiple channels
- Ensuring the brand voice is communicated throughout all digital activities aligning with our brand DNA
- Overseeing and editing social photography and videography; writing, editing and proofing digital copy
- Identifying and introducing new and emerging social media platforms to expand the reach (i.e. Pinterest, TikTok)
- Monitoring social networks for potential PR/influencer opportunities and customer care issues
- REPORTING & MARKETING ADMINISTRATION
- Planning and managing editorial content creation
- Creating data-informed content compiling valuable insights and learning from content performance
- Monitoring, analyzing and reporting on digital, media, social and influencer coverage, KPIs and ROIs
- Producing and presenting marketing presentations and support materials alongside Marketing Director
As a Content Marketing and Social Media Manager, you are:
- Passionate, self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Logical, can multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented and demonstrate sound judgement
- Self-aware, disciplined, mature and a natural leader
- Responsible and can own creative decisions
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Dedicated and demonstrate urgency to act before others do
- Flexible to business needs and step in where help is needed
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Resourceful, productive and efficient
- A strong communicator
- Professional and ethical
- Respectful to those you work with
- Accountable and take initiative to progress in a given role
- 3+ years’ experience in content and social media marketing
- Experience in cannabis, consumer packaged goods and/or retail is a strong asset
- Strong understanding of digital marketing, metrics and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of social media and influencer marketing tactics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and persuasive copy-writing skills
- Experience using digital marketing and content delivery methods: native advertising, content marketing, social media platforms, content verticals, email distribution and more
- Experience recognizing new content opportunities, styles, best practices and emerging platforms
- Experience managing and maintaining editorial calendars and working within deadlines
- A proven team player with the ability to problem solve, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Can demonstrate entrepreneurial, creative and customer-focused attitude that will drive results and deliver big ideas
Reporting Directly To: Director of Marketing
To apply for this role, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The successful candidate may be required to supply references.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best meet the requirements.
Superette is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace where all team members have the opportunity to succeed. We believe this begins with recruitment.
To better represent the communities we serve, Superette encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, ages and abilities. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
If your experience is contrary to this statement, please share your feedback and experience at email@example.com.