Inventory Manager - Toronto (Summerhill)
Superette is a cannabis retail concept created for the Canadian adult-use market. We launched Superette in the Ottawa market in April 2019 and are excited to be part of a fast paced and growing industry.
As part of Superette, you will be a part of an exciting and growing brand within a new industry in the Canadian retail market.
At Superette we work to create a better retail experience within cannabis retail. We’re familiar without feeling boring. We’re current without feeling trendy. We’re inviting without feeling try hard, and we’re convenient without feeling run-down. Our teams are also savvy as we encourage innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We love what we do and we are committed to excellence across our customer experience, employee experience, the products we offer and the relationships we build.
Everyone on our Retail Team works together towards a common: to maximize sales by creating best in class experiences that focus on education first service. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building relationships with our customers and contribute to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity.
Superette is looking for an experienced and talented Inventory Manager to spearhead inventory management systems that support store efficiency as well as to oversee the inventory team within one location. Reporting into the Store Manager, you will join the leadership team within the retail environment and own all aspects of inventory management in order to comply with government regulations and to support the maximization of store sales in partnership with visual merchandising standards.
As a Superette Inventory Manager, you will be directly responsible for:
- Building out and maintaining inventory operations to support efficiency in store
- Establish KPIs and key deliverables for your inventory team that best supports the store team and the customer experience
- Ensure all inventory operations and management meet government standards for inventory excellence and service requirements
- Overseeing a small team of inventory specialists to support the maintenance of inventory operations
- Coach, develop and build a strong team of A-Players
- Communicating inventory needs to the Store Manager and Area Manager
- Organize and establish inventory count rhythms and communicate the results to key business partners to ensure success
As a Superette Inventory Manager, you are:
- A natural leader and team player
- Able to spot talent and develop others with ease
- Experienced in building out an efficient warehouse or backroom environment ideally with a growing retailer or consumer packaged goods business
- Detail oriented
- Experienced in product sell-through analysis and partnering with visual merchandising to support product sell-through
- Enthusiastic about product and process management
- Proven track record of maintaining and managing inventory levels with the highest integrity
- A lover of learning and growing your skill set
- Committed to delivering an exceptional customer service experience
- Flexible in availability to support the needs of the business
- Completion of training certification through CannSell Ontario and receipt of the certificate of completion, pursuant to the Cannabis License Act and Ontario Regulation 468/18
- Police background check will be required as per AGCO regulations
- Minimum two years work experience in inventory management ideally within a retail or sales environment
- Previous knowledge of the Cannabis industry considered an asset
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older
Location: Seeking candidates in Toronto for our Summerhill + Yonge location
Reporting To: Store Manager, Summerhill + Yonge
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete background and reference checks. We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements.
Superette believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.