Superette is a cannabis retail brand that entered the Canadian adult-use market in April 2019. We make buying cannabis as enjoyable as consuming it. Our team creates retail experiences that are thoughtful, delightful, and familiar.
Superette’s Creative Team is small but impactful. We work to develop and maintain the established visual identity and are always looking for new ways to bring the brand to life. We collaborate closely with our colleagues in Marketing and Retail to execute creative projects and engage local creatives to broaden our capabilities.
The Designer role directly supports the creative vision of the brand coming to life. This role is focused on executing graphic design initiatives and creative collateral including digital and print materials, but also wayfinding and signage for a retail environment. This individual will work closely with the Creative Director and Marketing team to ensure full understanding of the creative assets required to drive brand visibility, relevance and evolution. You are skilled at interpreting ideas and thinking outside of the box. Additionally, you can easily dive into the details without losing the big picture vision for the brand.
As a Designer, you are meticulous, thoughtful and eager to learn.
As a Designer, you are responsible for:
- Supporting the Creative Director and Marketing team on creative initiatives across all brand touchpoints
- Innovating on new concepts to grow the Superette brand
- Producing print and digital collateral including merch and apparel, menus, in-store signage and installations, social media materials, newsletters, etc.
- Managing your own projects and deadlines
- Collaborating to support the priorities of other departments, ensuring swift and on time delivery of creative assets
- Preparing production ready files for all merch and retail store needs
- Supporting with production and communicating with external vendor partners to manage quality control of all creative work
As a Designer you are:
- Passionate about the Superette brand and the cannabis industry
- Keep up to date with trends in the cannabis and design industries
- A strong communicator who can share ideas easily
- Proactive and deadline oriented
- An organized and detail-oriented mindset
- Agile, open and curious
- Able to offer and receive feedback with ease
- Committed to growing yourself and skill set
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
Reporting Directly To: Creative Director
Travel: Limited – Role based in Toronto
- 3+ years of design experience, preferably a mix of studio and in-house environments, with a specific focus in branding
- Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design or equivalent is preferable
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Suite: Illustrator, inDesign & Photoshop.
- Basic knowledge of video editing / GIF creation, Keynote
- Basic knowledge of Mailchimp and other social media platforms
- Experience executing on brand identities and respective brand guidelines
- Experience with directing marketing campaigns, especially emails and social posts
- Experience with wayfinding, signage, retail or exhibition design
Please send your resume, cover letter and sample of your portfolio via PDF or website link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: The successful candidate may be required to supply references.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best meet the requirements.
Superette is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace where all team members have the opportunity to succeed. We believe this begins with recruitment.
To better represent the communities we serve, Superette encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, ages and abilities. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
If your experience is contrary to this statement, please share your feedback and experience at email@example.com.