Superette is an emerging retailer, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, focusing on creating a customer-first experience for the cannabis consumer. Superette creates an experience that is: familiar (without feeling boring), current (without feeling trendy), curated (without feeling high brow), inviting (without feeling try hard), and convenient (without feeling run-down). We are driven to create organic connections in store and encourage customer-led discovery. We aim to redefine the way people think about and purchase cannabis.
Superette is looking for an experienced leader in the community and grassroots marketing space. This role is critical to establishing brand recognition in addition to cultivating curiosity and excitement directly in market. The role will also work closely with our retail leadership team to ensure all community initiatives directly support the retail business and drive results across multiple channels. Reporting into the Head of Retail you will be a brand champion and work cross-functionally with key leaders in other departments to support the community marketing strategy.
As Community Marketing Manager, you will be directly responsible for:
- Establishing a strategic marketing plan to support the visibility within the communities of our retail store(s)
- Creating influencer and community marketing campaign strategy to support traffic to retail store(s)
- Oversee all community marketing requests from partners, neighbours and vendors
- Development of talent pipeline for further growth
- Hitting and maintaining KPIs as established with your leader
- Contributing to grassroots community marketing strategy and partnering with our community marketing team to support the growth of the market(s)
- Partner closely with retail leaders to create relevant, on-brand events and experiences
- Execute and lead the customer experience
- Evaluate success of events and curated experiences by leveraging sales data and other established measures of performance
- Creating partners in the community for special events and curated experiences to grow the brand
- Support in establishing store opening events and retail milestones with our community
- Prioritize requests for events and experiences based on budget and market
As Community Marketing Manager, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Ability to communicate needs of the business and make powerful requests for yourself, the community and the business
- You are a bit of a maven and create strategic partnerships that are aligned with the brand
- You are familiar with events and experiences for communities within the cannabis space
- All about service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
- Identify top talent and build a strong team
- Innovative and excited to create
- Agile, open and curious
- Ease with offering feedback and receiving it too!
- Experienced in developing and executing on brand events and experiences that drive traffic and the sales in store(s)
- Experienced in cultivating a strong network of influencers and brand partners to support retail business
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
Reporting Directly To: Head of Retail
Please highlight the position that you are applying for in the subject line of your application email.
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete background and reference checks. We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements. Superette welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.