Assistant Store Manager - Toronto (Summerhill)
Superette is a cannabis retail concept created for the Canadian adult-use market. We launched Superette in the Ottawa market in April 2019 and are excited to be part of a fast paced and growing industry.
As part of Superette, you will be a part of an exciting and growing brand within a new industry in the Canadian retail market.
At Superette we work to create a better retail experience within cannabis retail. We’re familiar without feeling boring. We’re current without feeling trendy. We’re inviting without feeling try hard, and we’re convenient without feeling run-down. Our teams are also savvy as we encourage innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. We love what we do and we are committed to excellence across our customer experience, employee experience, the products we offer and the relationships we build.
Everyone on our Retail Team works together towards a common: to maximize sales by creating best in class experiences that focus on education first service. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building relationships with our customers and contribute to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity.
As a Superette Assistant Store Manager, you will be directly responsible for:
- Overseeing specific responsibilities to support Store Manager
- Overseeing the customer experience and the retail team when Store Manager isn’t present in store
- Building upon and contributing to Store Manager vision that drives success of all business metrics
- Working cross-functionally with key partners in-store and out of store to drive business results and community marketing strategy
- Clearly communicating feedback to team and Store Manager and coaches team to support in their development
- Being all about delivering best-in-class service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
As a Superette Assistant Store Manager, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Outgoing and committed to excellence across all areas of the business
- Ability to communicate needs of the business
- All about service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
- Agile, open and curious
- Ease with offering feedback and receiving it too!
- Experienced in training and on-boarding talent
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
- Flexible availability to support the needs of the business
- Previous knowledge of the Cannabis industry considered an asset
- Driven to grow your career in the cannabis retail industry
- Receipt of all applicable licenses from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (the “AGCO”)
- Compliance with the rules and regulations of the AGCO, including but not limited to the rules and regulations of the AGCO pertaining to the role of Store Manager
- Completion of training certification through CannSell Ontario and receipt of the certificate of completion, pursuant to the Cannabis License Act and Ontario Regulation 468/18
- Police background check will be required as per AGCO regulations
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older
Location: Seeking candidates in Toronto for our Summerhill + Yonge location
Reporting To: Store Manager, Summerhill + Yonge
Experience: minimum of two years experience as assistant manager or manager of high volume and a large team considered an asset
Note: The successful candidate will be required to complete background and reference checks.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best fit the requirements. Superette believes in providing an inclusive workplace where all individuals have opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to doing so by providing accessible employment practices. Requests for accommodation due to a disability can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.