Assistant Store Manager
Superette is a cannabis retail brand that entered the Canadian adult-use market in April 2019. We make buying cannabis as enjoyable as consuming it. Our team creates retail experiences that are thoughtful, delightful, and familiar.
Everyone on our Retail Team works together towards a common goal: to maximize sales by creating best in class experiences that focus on education first service. By being knowledgeable, friendly and inviting, our retail teams are committed to building relationships with our customers and contributing to an environment that is fast-paced, fun and full of opportunity.
As a Superette Assistant Store Manager, you will be directly responsible for:
- Overseeing specific responsibilities to support Store Manager
- Overseeing the customer experience and the retail team when Store Manager isn’t present in store
- Building upon and contributing to a vision that drives the success of all business metrics
- Working cross-functionally with key partners in-store and out-of-store to drive business results and community marketing strategies
- Clearly communicating feedback to team members and the Store Manager, and coaching team members to support their development
- Being all about delivering best-in-class service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
As a Superette Assistant Store Manager, you are:
- A strong and passionate leader who strives for results while having fun doing it
- Outgoing and committed to excellence across all areas of the business
- Able to communicate the needs of the business
- All about service and ensuring we are meeting the needs of our customers
- Agile, open and curious
- Capable of offering feedback and receiving it too
- Experienced in training and on-boarding talent
- Excited to learn, grow and adapt in a new environment
- Flexible in order to support the needs of the business
- Knowledgeable about the Cannabis industry or willing and excited to learn
- Driven to grow your career in the cannabis retail industry
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience as an assistant manager or manager of a high-volume retail store (or equivalent)
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience managing all aspects of a large team
- Receipt of all applicable licenses from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (the “AGCO”)
- Compliance with the rules and regulations of the AGCO, including but not limited to the rules and regulations of the AGCO pertaining to the role of Store Manager
- Completion of training certification through CannSell Ontario and receipt of the certificate of completion, pursuant to the Cannabis License Actand Ontario Regulation 468/18
- Police background check will be required as per AGCO regulations
- All applicants must be 19 years of age or older
Location: Seeking candidates in Toronto for our Spadina location
Reporting To: Store Manager, Spadina
Note: The successful candidate may be required to supply references.
We are grateful for the interest in this role from all candidates, however, we will be contacting only those that best meet the requirements.
Superette is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace where all team members have the opportunity to succeed. We believe this begins with recruitment.
To better represent the communities we serve, Superette encourages applications from individuals of all backgrounds, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, ages and abilities. If you require accommodation for a disability at any stage of the recruitment process, applicants are asked to make their accommodation needs known.
If your experience is contrary to this statement, please share your feedback and experience at firstname.lastname@example.org.